can imac g5 have dual monitors?????

W

whorhey

i was wondering if its possible to have dual monitors with the new imac? if its possible can some one give me some info???? thanks

Reaction score
I know you can because i saw a video of somebody doing it. I think you need the screen span hack to beable to get 2 monitors without mirroring (mirroring is having the same thing on each monitor). Then you can get the mini vga cable for the imac and use a VGA lcd or crt monitor as a second. You might beable to go with a VGA to DVI connector but im sure it would majorly lack quiality. So you can get a screen span hack (dont have a link) and this for the real VGA connection. Ill find the link just a mintue.

EDIT- Ok heres the cable http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/72601/wo/fK5ZQx39tYgh2UYp70vPadP4e4i/3.0.11.1.0.6.12

OP
W

whorhey

shaun89 said:
I know you can because i saw a video of somebody doing it. I think you need the screen span hack to beable to get 2 monitors without mirroring (mirroring is having the same thing on each monitor). Then you can get the mini vga cable for the imac and use a VGA lcd or crt monitor as a second. You might beable to go with a VGA to DVI connector but im sure it would majorly lack quiality. So you can get a screen span hack (dont have a link) and this for the real VGA connection. Ill find the link just a mintue.

EDIT- Ok heres the cable http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/72601/wo/fK5ZQx39tYgh2UYp70vPadP4e4i/3.0.11.1.0.6.12
so all i need to get another monitor working with my imac is a cable? do you know if it runs all slow. i know you mentioned something about it running slow and stuff....ide really appreciate the help if you know how to do it. oh the link doesnt work for some reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you are talking about the new Intel Core Duo iMac, it no longer needs the hack to Span. All you need is the Adapter. I believe the new Intel iMac uses a Mini DVI instead of Mini-VGA. The Pre Intel iMacs all need a Mini-VGA to VGA adapter and the Hack to Span.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
The right adapter(s) (mini VGA to whatever) --> Screen spanning hack --> All done!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
You say "The new iMac", and then you say "iMac G5". These are two different machines. It is possible on both, but the G5 requires a hack...the new iMac (Intel based) will do it with a simple adapter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.