I... bent my 2.4 alu macbook in half.

Reaction score
This is what happened. The mac was beside my bed, and i fell off the bed and landed kind of on top of it. It had the screen open... I didn't notice anything until today, but now i just can't believe it.

It is bent in the bottom right corner. First i noticed the trackpad was kind of dent in, it made the click a little weird to click (on the right corner), and it bothered me, but i got over it, it still worked. Then when i showed a friend, he pointed out it was bent. Oh my god, he was right. As you can see in the pics, the corner totally sticks out. I usually have it on my iLap, but if i put it on the table it wobbles, since it isn't straight anymore. And the worst is when i close the screen, this huge gap is left between the bottom part of the mac and the display.

So far i haven't noticed any functionality problems, so far. Since its the unibody, i guess if i had it replaced i would have to replace the whole body, meaning almost the entire mac. Its about 6 months old. I had never even bumped it before! :( I guess its pointless to take it to apple since they probably can't do anything for it............. i guess i'm gonna have to live with it! Any thoughts??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
where are the pics??? put some up! We all want to see

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I would also like to see pictures. This sounds interesting.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It's not that bad. From the looks of it. I thought you meant it was totally bent like folding a piece of paper in half. >_<"

Reaction score
It's not that bad. From the looks of it. I thought you meant it was totally bent like folding a piece of paper in half. >_<"

it is quite bad tbh, would get on my nerves anyway...
but tbh not much you can do becides considering yourself lucky it still works.

OP
C
Reaction score

If it had been bent in half, i doubt it would still work.

Anyhow, it would cost me 300$ for a new upper case if i decided to replace. I think it will stay how it is for the moment..... thanks for your answers anyway :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
And this, children, is why we shouldn't be using our laptops while in bed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
Eat spinach, bend it back.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
That's what the beans you're eating -- from the look of the plate -- do to your MacBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.