My MacBook cannot find my Airport Extreme basestation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook, Mac Mini & 12" PowerBook
All of a sudden my MacBook cannot connect to my Airport Extreme basestation.

First it was having issues connecting to the Internet. I fed the ethernet direct to my machine instead and it connected fine, so I assumed the issue was the Airport settings. I poked about and all seemed well, but still did not work.

Then I thought doing a soft reset would help. It went off then came back on and the amber light blinked for a long time and carried on blinking. In the end I unplugged the power and started back up again.

Now there is a permanent amber light and the Airport utility cannot find the base station at all. I then tried to hard reset but nothing happened the light just stays on.

Is there anything else I can do or is the thing just broken? BTW I'm running 10.5.7. No idea what the firmware was on the box - no way of telling now :(

I'd really appreciate the help if anyone knows what I can try next.

Reaction score
when this happened to me, i was using time capsule, i restarted it because it could never find it with the amber blinking light, if that didn't work then i unplugged and replugged. Use aiport utility once it finds it there and look at the errors.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.