manual shut off destroyed my computer...

Reaction score
so i noticed that my OS had somewhat froze as i couldnt command+tab.. and i noticed that my bar at the bottom stayed the same even after quitting applications...

i decided to innitiante a restart by pressing the power button and hitting restart..

i didnt think anything was happening so i decided to do a manual shut off, and when i did, i noticed the restart was starting. but the manual shut off powered down my computer.

Then after i had turned it back on, all my preferences were gone (From the applications in use before the restart ie. ventrilo and world of warcraft)

what should i do?

OP
the.gosine
Reaction score
just an update, i am noticing more osx freezes (while i try and verify disk permissions).

EDIT: when i say lost my preferences, i mean my ventrilo is fresh its not my old one, and i cant even open up World of Warcraft, i can only fathom what else is broken cause of this.

OP
the.gosine
Reaction score
edit:
the computer chimes!!!
and after a verify+repair of disc permissions, it seems like its back to normal...

i read up somewhere about something called OnyX will that help me at all?
and im pretty sure everything else is fine with my computer but i lost those 2 programs (which is fine, i quit :) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Huh. Take it in to the genius bar unless someone has a better idea.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.