Which one: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26 or 2.53?

Reaction score
I was wondering whether or not you think it is worth the extra money to purchase the 13" Macbook Pro 2.53 vs the 2.26. I use my computer for music, photos, and simple video editing (Final Cut Express). Or should I save the extra money and get the 2.26?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Honestly, if you put the two side by side, aside from the larger hard drive, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Save the extra $300. If you decide you need 4gb of ram later, it's an inexpensive upgrade.

Reaction score
I literally just brought my mac and used it for the 1st time today...I had a similar question and ill tell you what people told me. You wont notice the difference...save your money and go with the low end model. I just got 4gb of ram and im great. the faster processor would help more for high end things but for normal everyday use stick with the 2.26

Reaction score
I just picked up the 2.26 today and am absolutely ecstatic. I went from a previous generation macbook pro to a macbook white and while satisfied overall I was left wanting after the downgrade. My campus bookstore had the 2.26 for $1025 so I couldn't pass it up. I sold my white macbook and upgraded to the new macbook pro 13' for less than a $200 difference. The macbook pro I had was easily the best laptop I had ever owned but after typing away on the new macbook pro 13" all day I have to say that it has taken the title. I was skeptical about purchasing the new unibody macbook because of the omission of firewire and no SD card slot. Though my previous macbook pro and the white macbook didn't have an SD slot it was something I was really missing from my pre-mac days. Both have made a return on the new macbook pro 13" however and on top of that, this thing couldn't feel more solid. I can't say for sure if the solid bottom panel on the new version has increase the rigidity of the system at all compared to the unibody macbook but I bet it doesn't hurt. I guess my point is to go ahead and grab the 2.26, you won't be disappointed. A larger HD and the ram upgrade isn't worth the additional $300 imo and you can always upgrade those components later for a much smaller cost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.