Netbooks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Pro, 2.33GHz MacBook Pro, 20 inch ACD, a few cows...
I need a laptop for school next year. I have a Unibody MacBook but I'd really rather not carry my $1400 laptop around. I'm looking at some netbooks.

I am looking at a couple HP models - the HP Mini-Note 2133 is nice. I also like the HP Mini 1035NR. Dell's Mini 10 is quite nice but I don't really like Dell. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Why would you not want to carry around your Macbook? I carry around my $1700 Macbook all the time

OP
Thrilling
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Pro, 2.33GHz MacBook Pro, 20 inch ACD, a few cows...
I am protective over it. Last time I did bring it to school, I caught someone walking away with it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Why would you not want to carry around your Macbook? I carry around my $1700 Macbook all the time
Agreed. Laptops are meant to be portable and work fine at school. If you're worried about damage, get a case for it. That would be much cheaper than buying a new laptop just for bringing to school

I bring my MB with me everywhere and have never had any damage or anything to be concerned about due to my traveling with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
I agree with the above. However I disagree on your comment on Dells. I have had a very large amount of Dell laptops through both work and pleasure and not one has failed me ever. I will only buy Dell for Windows.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I am protective over it. Last time I did bring it to school, I caught someone walking away with it.

Umm that can happen to anything left unattended. >_>"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.