Has 3.0 Made Your 3G Slower?

Reaction score
On my phone, especially in the txt message app it just seems all around slower now with 3.0. Very annoying. What do you guys notice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There is definitely lag in areas where 2.x never lagged. However, I'm thinking this has to do with the fact that the 3.0 software is currently optimized to run best on the 3GS hardware and not the slower 3G hardware. By the looks of it, the 3.1 update is going to address this issue and we should be back to a good ol' snappy OS for the 3G soon enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
Ive read a lot of people stating this.

Luckily I bought a 3GS which is very snappy on 3.0.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Yeah, safari can take a while to start up on mine now.

I think its to make us get annoyed with our slower phones and go out and buy the 3GS - almost worked... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
My 3g slowed down to a very annoying speed. I have a 3gs also so it really doesn't bother me anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The only problems I've had with 3.0 so far is the SMS lag. It takes anywhere between 5-30 seconds for the app to open, even if there's only a few messages in my "inbox"

I found before OS 3.0, if I cleared out un-used conversations, it sped up. But not the case for 3.0

Also, the landscape keyboard.. It always flips when I don't want it to, and gets stuck. I usually have to go to the home screen, then open said app (sms, email, safari, etc), to have it vertical again.

I've noticed a small decrease in over-all performance as well as when I hit keys to type something, it lags. I'll type really quickly, it won't do anything, then about 3 seconds after, the word appears in the text field.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unfortunately a MacBookAir (which I hate)
I think most people who jailbroke their phones find 3.0 a lot faster as they don't have as much running.

Also, I am missing apps that are in my iTunes library, but are not showing up on my iPhone. Any thoughts? I have enabled unlimited apps in prefs. Didn't help.

Help. LOL Please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
Mine is jailbroken and it's sllooowww....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.