update problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
I just did a fresh install of Leopard on my eMac after installing a 320gb hdd in place of the old 40gb.

I did a lot of software installing to get back to where I was before, and right now I am having an issue with updates. I ran software update last night to bring Leopard to 10.5.7, and when it restarts it seems to get stuck at the Configuring Installation portion. Where does Leopard download its updates to? I want to try to delete whats there and let it start the updates over.

T

todd51

Are you sure you waited long enough? I remember when I updated to 10.5.7 it took a decent amount of time to install on my MBP.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
I've been sitting here on my Windows laptop for some 2 hours waiting for the mail to arrive, and the progress bar has not moved one single MM.

The last time I went through and redid my eMac, the update installed rather rapidly. I've never had a problem with OSX of any flavor taking this long to install a single update.

T

todd51

Your right, that is definitely too long. Sorry but I'm not sure what else to tell you. Sorry, I'm not sure how to roll-back on an update.

Hopefully someone else can help you out.

Reaction score
To answer your question about where does leopard download its updates to. /library/updates but of course the files inside /library/receipts will also be updated with software update

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
I deleted the relative files from both folders and have a new combo update downloading right now.

In hindsight, I remember watching the update download progress last night and after awhile it seemed like it ended itself early. I'm thinking it might have been an incomplete update file.

Will advise.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
Problem solved. It does indeed seem to have been from the self-ended update download. After a fresh download of the update, it installed flawlessly. Locations noted for future reference. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.