Using Mail With Yahoo.

Reaction score
I have always used Hotmail for email, but then realised I could acess Yahoo mail on my ipod touch, I got an address and registered it with my iPod, it works perfectly.

My question is why when trying to set it up with the Mail app on my macbook does it not work and won't register, when I search it says I need mail plus which costs. but I don't need mail plus to use it on my iPod, it makes no sense to me?

T

todd51

I believe you have to pay like twenty bucks a year for Yahoo's POP access, which would let you use your account through Mail.

Why not use Gmail? It's free and I use it on my iPod Touch through the Mail app. I have also used it on my Mac with the Mail application.

OP
S
Reaction score
I believe you have to pay like twenty bucks a year for Yahoo's POP access, which would let you use your account through Mail.

Why not use Gmail? It's free and I use it on my iPod Touch through the Mail app. I have also used it on my Mac with the Mail application.

yeah it is $20 a year, no way its only a personal address. but still, not answering my question why does it not work with Mail yet it works with the Mail on my iPod Touch?

I was considering gmail but I don't like their privacy rights, sounds dodgy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.