Date Created/Date Modified mixed up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 13", iPod Touch 4th gen., AirPort Extreme, Mini G4, iPod 30GB w/video
I'm finally deciding to bring up something that has irritated me to no end in the past, but more so lately.

I copied a bunch of photos from my camera onto my Mac. I then went into Finder to view the folder of the imported photos. In list and column view, the actual date and time they were taken are listed as "Date Modified" when they should be listed as "Date Created". Can I fix this Finder bug?

Also, I modified some of the photos in Photoshop, and in Finder once again I notice the Date Created and Date Modified are the same: they are both at the time the file was modified when I would like to know the Date Created at a glance in Finder without having to view the data in Photoshop. Again, can I fix this Finder bug?

Even when I choose to Get Info on the file, these same problems occur, and they're driving me crazy when even a Google search won't turn up any answers. Please help!!!

OP
iWish
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 13", iPod Touch 4th gen., AirPort Extreme, Mini G4, iPod 30GB w/video
Well, hopefully this lack of response means that these issues have been fully dealt with in Leopard, and that I'm just blowing hot air. But if this isn't the case, then hopefully someone with influence at Apple will take note of them and deal with them.

I'm generally very pleased with my first Mac experience over these 4+ years, but I'll have to admit that Finder has been a disappointment to me overall. I realize that Apple is a different OS - and the original "windows" one - but there are certainly some things that, with respect to Finder, Apple could (dare I say this?), REALLY learn from Microsoft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro May (Early) 2008 2.5GHz Intel Core Duo 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 500GB SATA 7200RPM
Still not fixed in Lion Mac OS X 10.7.3 Build 11D50B. :'(

17" MacBook Pro May (Early) 2008
2.5GHz Intel Core Duo
4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
500GB SATA 7200RPM HardDrive
NVIDIA DeForce 8600M GT 512MB
Dell U3011 2560x1600

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.