I'm having a problem with the website.

Reaction score
Can't remember when it started. Several weeks ago at least.

Sometimes when I click on a new forum or item in the forum, and very often when I click the back arrow, I get a partial page with the Mac Tech Tips frame at the top and something like the following to the right of the tip box...

src="http://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/bn/3992-81337-10826-1?mpt?mpt=310275" alt="Click Here"border="0">

The rest of the page will be blank and Safari indicates that the page is loaded. Usually, I can just hit the refresh arrow and go on, but today, I had to back completely out of the site and reenter to get in. Everytime I would hit refresh or back, I would get another Tech Tip and the HTML code to the right.

My Imac is up to date patch wise and nothing special is loaded on it. I assumed that it was some defugalty in my setup until I got the same thing on a Macbook at our local school district.

Anybody else seeing this?

Konan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Hasn't happened to me, but try Firefox. Different browsers render everything a little bit differently and there could be a small bug.

OP
K
Reaction score
Hasn't happened to me, but try Firefox. Different browsers render everything a little bit differently and there could be a small bug.

Great idea! In my case, Firefox would be a bad choice because it is loaded with stuff like No-Script and Ad Block. But I cranked up a never used Opera and it is working fine at the same time that Safari is failing almost half the time (But only on this website - don't understand it).

Paging through at random has never given the error with Opera. So it appears that the problem is either with Safari (in which case, others should report it also) or with MY Safari. However, it failed with Safari 3 just as it does now with Safari 4.

But another result of your recommended test is that I discovered that Opera is much faster than Safari - especially in the page-back function. For some reason, Safari asks for a reload of the page (a setting in Preferences?) but Opera grabs it out of cache instantly.

I moved to Safari from Firefox because it was getting bloated and slower on every release. I may do the same with Opera. At any rate, I am going to give it a spin for a while.

Thanks

Konan

Reaction score
Camino works better than safari or firefox. It will work on os x 10.3, 10.2 at least, never tried it on 10.1

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.