Windows installer freezes on mac

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

So, i am installing windows on my mac via bootcamp. i have already done it before using parallels, and it worked perfectly.

Using the same disk (i have another license code). i tried to install windows using boot camp, when i press enter to start the installation, i just get a blank black screen. Nothing happens it just stays there. and after 1 minute, the disk stops spinning.

I have a unibody MBP 15".

Reaction score
Try the same license code as the one you used for your friend.

Another Option could be memory. Make sure your gave your Windows Partition enough memory. So you might want to boot into Mac Os, then remove your Partition then start another one but give it a fairly decent size. 20-30GB is probably good. (Depending on what Version of Windows.)

Good Luck, and post back here if it still doesn't work.

OP
K
Reaction score
I actually upgraded my hard drive to 500 gb. So i gave 60 gb to windows. But the problem is, i cannot even get to the setup.

Once i hit enter to boot of the disk, i just have a black screen. nothing happens.

Could it be my new hard drive? I'll try to make a boot camp partition on my old hard drive and report back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.