Consistency with my dual screen.

Reaction score
I just bought a mac book pro and I am setting up a 2 computer one monitor system with my macbook pro and my PC Desktop. For the most part my monitor is hooked up to my desktop but every once in a while, if I'm working on something or just want to look cool, I hook up both coputers to the monitor with a KVM Cable so I can use dual screens with my mac book. Everything worked fine the first time after I changed the properties around to make it look it's best.

My problem is that every time I unplug the KVM cable to take my mac book with me or even if my laptop goes to sleep the settings reset (Resolution, background image...etc). The only thing that it remembers is the brightness/gamma/contrast settings. Is there anyway to keep this from happening? Is there any way for the mac book to instantly remember the profile for that monitor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Have you tried connecting the laptop to the display directly, without the KVM? My guess (and that's all it is) is that the KVM prevents the laptop from recognizing the external display.

OP
A
Reaction score
Umm...this was in the switcher forum but alright.

And the mac does recognize the monitor. It works fine it's just that it keeps resetting the preferences every time I leave my computer for more than 2 hours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.