Mini Mac as a Media centre

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting Mini Mac and using it for a Media Centre. Just wondering if anyone has done this? It also doesn't say if it supports blue tooth or a wireless keyboard? I know I can get a unit to do the job, but want it very basic, and not to much clutter.

I was going to get Apple TV, and put it on my HDTV, but if the Mini does it then I'm happy to spend the extra money, oh and does it come with a HDMI connection.

Thanks Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
The Mac mini is going to be my next media center computer. And I am going to use it with: Plex Media Center for OS X

Check that application out, it is really nice :)

The Mac mini doesnt come with an HDMI port but Mini Display Port. You can buy an adapter for that so you can connect it to your TV.

I made a little video of plex here: YouTube - Plex Media Center Review

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I use my Mini for a media center and Time Machine host. It works fine with a HDMI adapter. I use plain old Front Row and/or boxee for the media access. Thus far, there hasn't been the need for anything other than a wireless Mighty Mouse. Any typing I need to do I use desktop sharing and my MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
It comes with a Mini-DVI port and a Mini DisplayPort interface. I am using the Mini-DVI adapter that came with it along with a DVI > HDMI cable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.