My macbook specs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" Late 2008 2.5Ghz 512MB VRAM 4GB RAM
I have a macbook 2.0GHZ core 2 dua, 4GB ram ect. And i just can't figure out what date it was made. Its so weird i have looked at all the mac specs online and off. I am not a new mac user so i know where things should be. Just incase you were wondering my video card (Or whatever it should be called) is the Best (NOT) GMA950 But it works fine it windows. Anyways the back of my computer says that its late 2007 but i have reason that say otherwise such as it says my model can't take 4GB ram, (3rd party says) it can only take 3GB ram, and only the macbook with GMAX3100 can support 4GB. (I got my computer used from ebay) Reason why i think my specs are wrong 1. that the back was replaced. 2. my motherboard was replaced to a newer one. 3.(gulp) Its not apple made... :( I don't think its not apple made but it might be, SAD SAD SAD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry but it still isn't quite accurate. It says it can only have a maximum of 3GB ram but i have 4 and it really thinks it is four. If it didn't think it was four i would never have been able to run so many programs that uses 4GB ram. Sorry still not right... Thanks for showing me anyways.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
So...
I have 4 GB of RAM in mine also to maintain dual channel mode.
About This Mac shows 4GB installed
Activity Monitor shows 4GB under the little circular graph.

But, it can only use 3GB.

To find out how much your machine can actually use, open up Activity Monitor, go the the System Memory tab, on the bottom left hand side - add up the amount listed next to the two items - 'Free' and 'Used'. Think you'll probably find it only adds up to 3GB. (Or close, mine usually is 2.99GB)

And you don't have any programs that require 4GB of RAM in order to run.

And, I would venture to say, the site Kash provided does give you an accurate manufacture date. It is not going to provide you with the date of a bottom case replacement, etc.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry

Sorry I'm going to have to reply fully after a little while... One of my ram slots is being retarded so i can only see 2gb ram so sorry. And I didn't mean that i have a program that uses 4GB ram what i ment was i have used enough programs to be 4GBs. Anyways later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.4ghz Peryn 4 gig
If it has an intel gma950 it doesn't really matter what the case says that chip is connected to a mobo that can only use 3 gigs of ram, stats on the your machine can be found here 13" MacBook Core 2 (May 2007) just to back up kash's site

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.