Logic board replacement and compatibility issues

Y

Y2K

My iMac has a damage logic board. The s/n is XA03918AJVA and the logic board replacement i'm looking for is 661-2341. I haven't been successful in finding an inexpensive replacement not even on ebay. My question can I downgrade my logic board to a 350Mhz or even less and would it be compatible with the rest of the hardware or would I need to get the exact logic board? I want to transfer the memory and the rest of the hardware from my iMac to the new logic board even if it's an older model.

Also, is the CPUs on all iMac embedded on the logic board or would I need to buy it separately. I removed the logic board on my iMac seems like the CPU is embedded but i'm not sure about the older models. Some people advised me to buy a new iMac instead of going through all the trouble of
taking it apart however i'm a PC tech guy and it's just in my nature to take things apart analize it and then put it back together again. Any input would
be appreciated. :dummy:

thanks,

kAj

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.