Battery or p ram battery issue?

Reaction score
I know my battery is old as it only works for about 5 minutes then shuts off. I have been using the pb with ac power for about 2 years and this morning I noticed my mouse froze and I had to do a hard shutdown. It took a few re boots as i got various results like rebooting up to the spinning circle then it froze, then booting up to the blue screen and it froze, then Once I did get to the desktop and got the clock needs to be reset msg and then it froze again. Now if I try to boot the ac plug lights yellow and when i hit start either it turns green and does nothing or it turns green a boots to a black screen.

OP
R
Reaction score
just went to zap the p ram and instead of 3 chimes I heard a beep and the sleep lite blinked. The computer booted up to the OS x screen, I got the clock reset message and the screen is frozen again. The screen froze as I see the report for Mac OS X Kerrnal

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.