shell for macbook pro released june 2009

Reaction score
ive been looking everywhere and cant seem to find any shells for sale that are made for the newest macbook pro 15 inch released in june 2009.

if anyone can help me out that would be great! thanks guys

Reaction score
I was actually thinking the exact same thing. I haven't seen any updates on the website showing the skins on the new updated Macbooks, which is sorta delaying my purchase. I don't really know what to say other than wait or keep looking around.

Reaction score
incase is apparently hard at work making some for the new MBPs. i'm getting a little impatient myself...

Reaction score
Hmm. I've noticed that a lot of the old shells for the previous unibody model are starting to slowly disappear from the online Apple Store. Some are saying 'Shipped in 3-5 weeks', which means the stock levels are starting to get low and the store is trying to sell out of the old cases to bring in the new ones. Thankfully I won't be getting mine until September so I'm sure they'll have new cases by then.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Aren't the shapes of the new cases the same as the old macbook pros. The only real difference are the ports that are slightly different. The sides of most cases are open so that they don't have to sell a million different versions of one case. I am pretty sure that they will use the same cases. Unless, I am missing something really big.

Reaction score
Aren't the shapes of the new cases the same as the old macbook pros. The only real difference are the ports that are slightly different. The sides of most cases are open so that they don't have to sell a million different versions of one case. I am pretty sure that they will use the same cases. Unless, I am missing something really big.

Not really. The Kensington port moved to the other side of the Macbook and on the old shells there isn't a space for that. Shells have to be exactly compatible with the model or it could mean lost revenue for the company.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
I recieved this email from speck today :]
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the availability of the new MacBook cases. The following new MacBook case will be available for purchase through the Speck Products website between July 15 and July 22, 2009. The colors available are currently shown on our. No new colors will be available.

SeeThru Satin

Soft-Touch on a Hard Shell Case:

For MacBook 13” (aluminum, black keys)

For MacBook 15” (aluminum, black keys)

SeeThru Hard Shell Case

For MacBook 13” (aluminum, black keys)

For MacBook 15” (aluminum, black keys)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.