Messenger: Mac Poort or just error?

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm currently using Adium as my MSN client, but would like to use Messenger: Mac, mainly because of the layout hopefully being nice, and seeing what Microsoft have done :/ ( and I've heard it has webcam, if not, please tell me a Mac c.ient that does )
But I can't, I just get the same error, every time, and on Adium, I have to check connect via HTTP or I can't connect, is this a port problem like I think it is, or something else? I could change my router settings? And is this a known issue, I've Googled, but noone seems to have an answer.
Thanks
Joseph Duffy

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I don't think MS supports Messenger for Mac anymore.

I would go with skype if you want to video chat. That or iChat. >_>"

Forgot about aMSN.

Reaction score
I don't think MS supports Messenger for Mac anymore.
Sure they do. They are just incredibly slow with updates. Version 7.0.2 came out in February and is the most recent release.

Supposedly Version 8 will have the video and audio support people have been looking for. There's no ETA on this release and it's iffy if it will even be this year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.