Adobe Reader is opening multiple files

Reaction score
Just installed Adobe Reader 9 on OS X 10.1.11. When I try opening up Reader, it automatically opens up every single pdf on my computer. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Reader 9, but it doesn't fix the problem. The old Adobe Reader 7 on my computer works fine, but I really need to upgrade to version 9. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I am sorry, but Adobe Reader on the Mac just sucks for me. It asks me every single time whether or not I want it to be the default reader. I choose no and select the 'don't ask me again' box and it asks me EVERY SINGLE time. It also crashes EVERY SINGLE time I open a protected pdf file. It is about the only thing on the Mac that bothers me if you couldn't tell. Sorry about the rant!

Reaction score
same with my mac

Hi
I am experiencing the same problem. Adobe says to uninstall and reinstall which I did and the same thing happens. Did you solve the problem?
Thanks.
Lisa

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try Skim - quick and free pdf viewer - also allows you to highlight, take notes in your pdf's and much more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Try Skim - quick and free pdf viewer - also allows you to highlight, take notes in your pdf's and much more.

Unfortunately, I have to use Adobe Reader because of the darn encryption used by some training material I have for my job. I did grab Skim though for other things. Thanks.

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi
I am experiencing the same problem. Adobe says to uninstall and reinstall which I did and the same thing happens. Did you solve the problem?
Thanks.
Lisa

Unfortunately, I'm still no closer to finding a solution. What is more annoying is that the document that I'm working on requires specific versions of either Reader 8 or 9, but Adobe only offers this buggy version of Reader 9 on their website.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.