Keyboard and trackpad stopped working...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mackbook 2.16gHz, 2gb, 120 HD. iPhone 3g 16gb.
I just updated my MacBook, restarted and now my keyboard and trackpad stopped working, I had Bluetooth turned off because it was interfering with my iPhone/bluetooth headset. Now I can't seem to backtrack to the ver. on my install disk because it needs somekind of user input...this has been the only frustrating problem since I got it last year(which is nice compared to the windows machines I'm used to):(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Try this. Unplug it. Turn it off by holding off the power button. Then, remove the battery. Press the power button to make sure all power is thoroughly out. Then you plug it back in and try it again. Hope that works!

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tried that and still nothing...also tried a usb keyboard and mouse and they didn't work either

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
So, you are able to turn it on, and are able to go to the main screen(wallpaper and dock), but the input devices don't seem to work. Is this correct?
From my last post, I was guessing it might need a restart like I mentioned, or some drivers that might be missing. Since my first tip didn't help, I would take it to apple to be honest. or look around the forum everywhere possible for a similar problem. Good luck!

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is correct it starts normally gets to the desktop, but no response from keyboard an mouse...I downgraded my USB drivers to 10.5.6 when 10.5.7 came out so some PIC controllers would connect properly but it has worked fine for some time now. It may have been the keyboard update I put off until yesterday that did it. Thanks, I think I'll be visiting a genius tomorrow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.