i broke my topcase cable

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was cleaning out the fan on my MBP - Early 2008 kind. When I went to put everything back together I pulled the topcase cable connecting to the logic board out by accident. So naturally I am screwed, I have been looking for a replacement cable and want to avoid getting a whole new topcase. In the mean time is there anyway to turn my computer on?? I think I can work with an external keyboard and mouse, but since the topcase cable is busted the power button wont work. Does anyone know how i can use my computer until i figure this out. I have an appoint with at the apple store in a few days. I have a feeling this is going to cost me a few hundred.... all because of 1 cable. Please let me no ASAP!

Thanks alot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
i do but i am not recommending it it is extremely risky i would recommend going on ebay and buying the top case you are not going to find any cheaper and you are not going to find that cable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.