New 13" MBP - Games?

Reaction score
Hi,

Just purchased my first Mac Book Pro 13" (I have had the Mini since then) and was wondering what kind of games people play on them. Mine is the cheapest on with 2GB ram which I will upgrade to 4GB at somepoint.

My current Sony Vaio FZ18L laptop (Which runs Vista and has 4GB ram) plays games such as WoW (World of Warcraft) at FPS of about 60. I haven't really brought it for games but more for a portable machine with battery life but I am curious as to wether people have any experience with gaming on it.

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
Hello! We've got a huge thread of games played on the Aluminum Macbook (Now Macbook Pro). You will receive similar framerates/experiences on your Macbook Pro as it is virtually the same computer that all of the tests were done on. There's lots of stuff to sift through, but many games are covered! They are all done via Bootcamp and played on Windows XP/Vista. Take Care!

Thread: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-applications-games/127153-unofficial-macbook-gaming-thread-late-2008-models.html

Trent out

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
That thread needs to be be seriously stickied. There are so many needless threads about gaming on the new MBPs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
OP
S
Reaction score
Hello! We've got a huge thread of games played on the Aluminum Macbook (Now Macbook Pro). You will receive similar framerates/experiences on your Macbook Pro as it is virtually the same computer that all of the tests were done on. There's lots of stuff to sift through, but many games are covered! They are all done via Bootcamp and played on Windows XP/Vista. Take Care!

Thread: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-applications-games/127153-unofficial-macbook-gaming-thread-late-2008-models.html

Trent out

Thank you very much, I will check that thread out. Now all I have to do is wait for Apple to deliver!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.