which browser?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
um, there are many threads on this subject already, please do a search in the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.2 1.25Gig RAM Emac 1.42Ghz 1GB RAM
Most people switch to camino or firefox.

I actually like Safari better except for the fact that it doesn't do tabbed browsing. It also seems more stable than any of the mozilla offshoots I've seen, plus it has a considerably smaller memory footprint.

-Lonerider

OP
K

Kokopelli

lonerider said:
Most people switch to camino or firefox.

I actually like Safari better except for the fact that it doesn't do tabbed browsing. It also seems more stable than any of the mozilla offshoots I've seen, plus it has a considerably smaller memory footprint.

-Lonerider

Safari does support tabbed browsing. Open the Safari preferences, go to the tab section, and enable it.

My vote is for Camino though.

OP
S

StarDrifter

I'm sticking to firefox for the time being.

I like the fact that camino was done for MacOS and integrates better, but has no extensions and themes that firefox does.

Unless firefox's extensions work in camino...........

OP
K

Kokopelli

No they do not. Camino has a few tweaks and can use mouse gestures from a cocoa add on app (from what I understand, I don't use gestures). Camino is Cocoa based whereas FF is XUL based, which makes interoperability of extensions/themes pretty much impossible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
You could take a look at Shiira too. Nice little browser, can pick up all Safari bookmarks, other toolbar icons available etc.
I still much prefer Safari but it's good to have another option. I'd never consider IE as an option :)
Use FireFox on the XP box 100% of the time but wasn't totally happy with it on Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Believe it or not, but I actually prefer Safari. But, whenever a site gives me any headaches in Safari I use Camino.

-Chris

OP
M

majid bin sawad

I use FireFox and Safari, but i think FireFox better than Safari spiachly for non english languages like Arabic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
StarDrifter said:
I'm sticking to firefox for the time being.

I like the fact that camino was done for MacOS and integrates better, but has no extensions and themes that firefox does.

Unless firefox's extensions work in camino...........

I found a little app for changing the icons in safari and camino its here

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.