ibook G3 notebook working... but screen not

ebw

Reaction score
Hello.

I bought an ibook G3 laptop a couple of years ago and it worked well, but with one problem - it would go to sleep if i moved the screen a tiny bit inwards. This was irritating me so I browsed the internet looking for solutions and found a site with a detailed step-by-step guide on how to resolve it. There were a fair few positive responses in the feedback so i followed the instructions and it worked.

The solution was to rewire something underneath the keyboard - I did and it worked fine for about 6 months. After that something (I don't know what) happened. I moved the laptop from my table to my lap and it froze. I restarted it and it loaded up. I could hear it on but the screen never changed from black.

I got a new laptop and have been using that for a year and a half - but now I've forgotten the site I used to resolve the original problem! so no idea how to undo it!

If anyone has any idea how to fix this problem I will be indebted to you! Thanks in advance!!

ebw

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.