new guy ,dont have a clue

Reaction score
HI, im new to the forum and realy new to macs:[
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice a mac I currently run (at work) Its a G5 1.6ghz powermac 7.2, 4 gig of ram cpu type power pc 970(2.2) bus speed 800mhz.
being a pc user this doesnt mean a great deal to me reguarding what it will run software wise:(
my question is............will this system run leopard it currently on 10.4.11 and also will it run cs4 creative suit design standard once leopard is installed.
Many thanks Dave :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
With that amount of Ram it should be fine, though it may be a little slow for CS4 as well, it will definitely run it. You may be better with CS3 to be honest.

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks Kevriano :D
its "the boss" that wants to upgrade to cs4,We have 4 macs all on CS3 but this is the oldest and he wanted me to sort out if it will run CS4 or not so we can all upgrade. Its a wast of time if you ask me.............. but hey im the new kid in the department so do as im told ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
One thing I would add about that then, to maybe sway him back and save some money....
I imagine that CS4 is going to be optimised for Intel Macs, and (as far as I know) you are not on Intel chips. Now, Apple are no longer making further OS systems available for non Intel machines, so you may well find that if CS4 is dreadfully slow, you won't be able to run future software OS systems that may be better suited.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.