HELP!! Downloading files

Reaction score
Need help with my macbook. when I download a file and go to open it it opens with a Textfile, lots or rubbish writing. How do I set my macbook to open with the correct application and what would that application be. Will it set automatically for what ever type of file I download, any help would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What sort of file is it?
You can highlight the file, go to the menu bar>file> open with>
then choose the app you want to use.

Reaction score
Or do a get info (+I) and, under open with select the app that you want. If you click "Change All" it will open files with that extension with the app you selected by default.

OP
R
Reaction score
The file is a torrent software for my apple iphone. Not sure of the list of options to which im suppose to open the file with

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" early 2006 iMac 1,5GB RAM & 1TB HDD
I hope your not talking about an illegal torrent. If it's a legal one use Vuze (Azerus), Frost Wire or some other program like these. Just google "torrent client mac".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.