Static when burning audio CD

Reaction score
I'm having a problem burning a CD. The music CD burns with static noises plus the music, I'm using Toast.

I've used two different burners, two different kHz 48000 and 44.100

Song(s) sound fine when played on the Mac via the speakers. I think the static may be coming from Toast 7 Titanium because when I use the play option on the Toast screen, I can hear the static.

I tried to burn using the Mac burner, but can't stop Toast from popping up. I don't see the blank CD on the desktop so I can't drag the song onto the disk to burn using the Mac burning program.

I can see an audio CD on the desktop, but not the empty CD.

The blank CDs don't show up when I'm using Toast, but I am able to drag the file and burn it, however, it is filled with music and static.

I'm really stumped. I have burned many CD and DVDs in the past, have NO idea what going on now.

Patt

OP
P
Reaction score
I solved my CD burning problem. I changed the setting from 48kHz 32 bits to 44kHz 16bits and no more static.

Patt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.