g4 and wireless internet

Reaction score
I have an iMac g4 that I recently bought from someone off craigslist. The only problem I'm having is getting it to connect to the internet. He was using a Belkin Wireless USB to run internet, but I couldnt buy it off him when I got the computer. I currently have 2 PCs and a Win Laptop running from a Linksys set-up. I tried using the Linksys Wireless USB adapter but it wasn't MAC compatible. I just purchased a Belkin N Wireless Adapter..but that isn't compatible either. I went to Best Buy and the guy said the only way to get it connected was to buy the Airport Express and connect using Ethernet Cable. Is this true? Is there any other way to get around that or a different adapter I could buy? Thank you so much for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It may well be as I have tried USB WLAN adapters with no joy whatsoever and cannot get any to connect. Most state 'Mac compatible' but when checking find compatible with OS X.3 and X.4 only so Leopard has changed something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.