Airport extreme vs airport express

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
I am looking to put a wireless router in my other home and was wondering if i should go with the airport extreme or express. I have the extreme in my house right now and it works great but its another $80. Any thoughts thanks so much.

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.66GHz 8GB Ram, 15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 4GB Ram, iPhone 4, iPad 16GB WiFi
If the airport express will do everything you need it to, you might as well save the money and go with that. I bought an extreme because I wanted more room for wired connections for my xbox 360 and two desktop computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If u just want to play music on your stereo go for the express - it will also connect up to 10 computers if u use it as a wireless hub - depends on what your end use need is. If you are like most, and have no back up of your data then go for a Time Capsule - as least you have some data back up then as well as the extreme style Hub.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.