iPod Touch

Reaction score
My brother has the iPod touch and he loves it. But I kinda want one now too. Do you feel that it is really worth the 229 dollars?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Only you can answer that question. Do you have a need for all of the features that an iTouch provides? Do you want to be able to play movies, music, view photos and install various applications - essentially have a little Mac in your pocket? If you find yourself desiring those features, then you should enjoy it.

I have one and think it is fantastic. Best PMP I have ever owned. Read through the info here and better yet, read reviews online to see the benefits and pitfalls of owning one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GBs of Ram, X3100 Graphics
Compared to other iPods it definitely has a lot more to offer - the touch screen, internet capabilities, etc. However, if you're going to get one I'd recommend waiting until September, as there is "supposed" to be a new one coming out.

Reaction score
I used the iTouch to replace my Palm Pilot. Best decision I ever made (well almost he he). the iTouch functions flawlessly as a PDA; you can sync your calendar from multiple providers (I use Google); enter your contacts on your Mac and sync to the iTouch. The wealth of productivity apps available is amazing, and most are free or $0.99. So I would say, yes, go for it!

Reaction score
I too debated whether or not it was worth it, especially since I already owned a 30GB iPod Video, but I'm glad I bought the iPod Touch. Best iPod I've ever owned and it's definitely worth the money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
The question I would ask is:

Are you going to be getting a new phone soon?

I just recently bought a Palm Pre and now have no need for an iPod touch. As far as I know, many new phones coming out have wifi, music players, and application (albeit not as extensive of an offering as the iPhone/iPod).

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll be getting a Palm Pre in March (depending on what else is out by then) so we'll see what happens with my iPod Touch after that... Right now I have the Sprint Instinct and wish I could use my iPod Touch for everything :(

Reaction score
My brother has the iPod touch and he loves it. But I kinda want one now too. Do you feel that it is really worth the 229 dollars?

New one is coming out soon, so wait before you buy. the touch is definitely cool though, especially the internet feature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.