Photoshop: adding text boxes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
dtravis7 said:
Macman, I went to your post there and toucan was in red but I could not click on it. Wanted to see the pic. Tried 3 browsers and none worked. Am I at the wrong post? Do I have to be logged on to the forums there to view it?
I dont think you need to be registered if deus ex machina could view it.
@itloser:
here, use it as you wish, open in photoshop, command click its layer after making into a layer, shift+comman+i, command+x, then command D and drag and drop into other ps doc to use.

blurb bubble.jpg

OP
E

EvoMac

Thanks Deus, I think I am going to try that. Think that would look best.

Tell me if this thinking makes sense....

Freehand the drawing -> Make changes to picture in photoshop -> import drawing to picture in PS -> import to illustrator to add text -> done

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
whoa, I went so fast, I skipped a step, do what you normally would in ps to get it into the other doc and ignore the above, I suggest using the pen tool and make the shape around it, make that a selection, and proceed as you would normally.

OP
E

EvoMac

but import it to Illustrator for the text or inDesign, is that pretty much whats agreed by you 2?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if this is for printing purposes, indesign, illustrator works almost as well, but indesign is built for printing. youre not gonna use my bubble I posted?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
itloser said:
but import it to Illustrator for the text or inDesign, is that pretty much whats agreed by you 2?

sure...All programs being Adobe you should be able to cut and paste across the programs, saving you time. :) Good Luck

OP
E

EvoMac

macman i am actually going to use that bubble. That is exactly the type that I am looking for. Sorry I missed that reply from you, so many posts... so fast I actually missed it. If it is at all possible could you walk me through how you created that and gave the effects to it? That is the perfect graphic type that I am looking for, just would like to know how to change it around and such for dif pictures.

Thanks to everyone that helped me with this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you can copy& paste, though I wouldnt recommend it. it can, and often does cause problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you ciick on my sig, theres a tutorial/how to I made a while back on how t make a n aqua button, all you do in photoshop before follwing the steps is make the bubble shape you want.
though I used another app to do that one.
how do you want to change it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.