The Back on the 3G S

Reaction score
I've noticed on the Apple website it says the wording isn't on the back. Just the iPhone and the GB size.

Not sure if its just in Europe, but the wording is still on the back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Mine has got the Apple Logo, iPhone, size, designed by Apple and then the FCC stuff.

UK iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
Here are pictures of the back of my 32 White iPhone 3GS, from Rogers in Canada.

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

Reaction score
No, it doesn't say "3GS" here in the U.S. either - just gb size - it looks just like a 3g. Really the only way you can tell is to see if it has the compass app or open up the camera to see if the little slider control in the lower right corner exists.

It's noticeably faster too!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I've noticed on the Apple website it says the wording isn't on the back. Just the iPhone and the GB size.
Where do you see this?

I don't think that's the case because I would imagine that Apple has to put that information on the back. For example, the FCC info is irrelevant to me as a Canadian but it's still included on the phones sold here. Therefore, there must be a reason it's included. Apple must have some obligation under U.S. law (lawyers, please correct me if I am wrong) to include this information on their phones.

Reaction score
For some God forsaken reason, even mine over here in the UK has an FCC number. Something very strange going on here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
Not to put water on this fire, but most people have a case on their iPhone anyways =P

So FCC letters or not, my phone is in the Incase Slider Case. No one can see them. I took it out of the case to snap the above shots.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Not to put water on this fire, but most people have a case on their iPhone anyways =P
Good point.

I have to ask, why is this relevant?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.