Belkin Wireless G router not working with Macbook

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday i bought my first Macbook.

I have a Belkin Wireless G router which worked fine with my previous laptop.

The Macbook finds the router and appears to connect. However it does not display any web pages.
I have been onto the phone with Belkin support for hours and each time they tell me something different which does not work.

I have updated the firmware for the belkin, i have restarted it, i have tried everything and its really stressing me out.

Please can someone help me!!!!

Thanks

OP
V
Reaction score
Urgent help please. Belkin Wireless G router not working with Macbook

Hi all,

Yesterday i bought my first Macbook.

I have a Belkin Wireless G router which worked fine with my previous laptop.

The Macbook finds the router and appears to connect. However it does not display any web pages.
I have been onto the phone with Belkin support for hours and each time they tell me something different which does not work.

I have updated the firmware for the belkin, i have restarted it, i have tried everything and its really stressing me out.

Please can someone help me!!!!

Thanks

OP
V
Reaction score
PS- also the router does not connect to my iphone, finds it but wont display any pages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hi all,

Thanks

you say it appears to connect - what are the indications. Are you able to use the MacBook wirelessly elsewhere? - if you try connecting with a ethernet cable to router does it work then?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What model is the Belkin? Also what encryption are you using? WEP? WPA? WPA2? Are you entering the key correctly?

Get back to us with that Belkin model. I have a close friend who had nothing but issues with this one G Belkin.

OP
V
Reaction score
the belkin is model F5D7230-4 Ver.7002 uk

I can answer any questions about WPA as i have no idea what this is.

Any help?

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.