Virgin iphoner triing to download OS 3.0

Reaction score
So I downloaded the 3.0 software that took an hour and then it told me it was "verifying iphone software" for the next hour or more and the phone itself was blank. No lights, images, like it was turned off. I finally thought maybe it was stuck so I unplugged it. When I plugged it in again it said I would have to restore. So I did. Now it is again "verifying iphone software", for more than an another hour. Is this normal? The phone looks like its off. Can it do what it needs to with it off??? HELP!!!

N

Notopi

So I downloaded the 3.0 software that took an hour and then it told me it was "verifying iphone software" for the next hour or more and the phone itself was blank. No lights, images, like it was turned off. I finally thought maybe it was stuck so I unplugged it. When I plugged it in again it said I would have to restore. So I did. Now it is again "verifying iphone software", for more than an another hour. Is this normal? The phone looks like its off. Can it do what it needs to with it off??? HELP!!!

Perfectly normal.

Plug into iTunes let it do its thing, and let the phone verify it's self.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.66GHz 8GB Ram, 15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 4GB Ram, iPhone 4, iPad 16GB WiFi
Mine didn't take anywhere near an hour...but it may depend on your computer speed? Not sure what you are using.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.