Cannot get an internet connection in Windows VISTA

Reaction score
Hi,
I just installed parallels desktop onto my macbook and installed windows vista without any problems. When I try to go online using windows, windows is not able to detect an internet connection either wired or wirelessly! What do I need to do in order to get online thru windows? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
you need to pop in the little install disk from your mac, on that disk it has all the drivers for windows.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi,
I just installed parallels desktop onto my macbook and installed windows vista without any problems. When I try to go online using windows, windows is not able to detect an internet connection either wired or wirelessly! What do I need to do in order to get online thru windows? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Make sure you install the Parallels guest tools. All virtual drivers that are needed for your Mac's hardware is provided through the guest tools.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB
I am having the same problem with my copy of Vista, though I'm running Boot Camp rather than Parallels. I have installed the Boot Camp drivers/software about 4 times and restarted thrice, but it still insists that my wireless connection (coming from another Mac's Airport) is not compatible.

OP
H
Reaction score
I have tried to install the drivers from my Leopard OS disc but it still doesn't work right. Can you tell me what is the name of the file and where it might be? Is there a link where I can possibly download the drivers onto the Mac side and then install it thru windows? I've tried just about everything. I've even adjusted the settings and configuration in Parallels based on several forums I've read. Apparently this is a typical problem.

OP
H
Reaction score
I installed the drivers by running Windows Vista and then selecting "Parallel Tools" from the drop down menu. Worked like a charm and now I'm on the internet! Thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.