Safari is not accessing any Secured Sites.....

Reaction score
I cannot get on my bank site or credit card sites. Been this way for couple weeks now. It appears that any "Secured Site" is off limits.

What can be causing this? Is it my iMac or is it AT&T (DSL service). Do i need to change a Network setting?

Thanks for any help.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this the final release of Safari 4 or an older version of Safari? Also have you tried Firefox to see if that will let you log in?

I have Safari 4 here fully updated and my bank, Ebay, Pay Pal and everything else like those all log me right in.

OP
F
Reaction score
It's Safari 4.0.1....

I think it started when i downloaded Safari 4.0. I can get to all other web sites such as News etc., just no secured sites.

Even though Safari 4 may have caused this (I don't know), there must be some setting to correct it????

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I cannot get on my bank site or credit card sites. Been this way for couple weeks now. It appears that any "Secured Site" is off limits. What can be causing this? Is it my iMac or is it AT&T (DSL service). Do i need to change a Network setting?

The only thing I can think of that possibly could prevent you from getting on those secure sites is if you have the "Never accept cookies" box checked under security - Safari preferences.

Of course it's always possible your ISP AT&T is blocking certain sites but it would be unlikely that they would block a bank or credit card sites.

Regards.

OP
F
Reaction score
I even tried Firefox and it won't work either....

This is weird - I can get to certain sites that are actually secured sites and it will load the page all except for the box containing the User ID & Password login items.

At the bottom of the screen it will say something like " 40 of 41 items loaded.... and it will Not load that final item because it contains the secured info. Finally the page will time-out.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Name of the site please.

You might also try creating another user account, log into that and see if the same thing happens. This would tell us if it is a system or user setting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.