Boot Camp Questions...

Reaction score
Well I bought a MacBook Pro yesterday (yay me!), my original plan was to install Vista on it for gaming, because I only want to play one game, and use Mac OSX for everything else... So now I'm stuck. What version of vista do you need? Should I use 32 bit or 64 bit? I have a DVD of Vista that I got online... It's has that OEM bios hack on it so you don't need to activate it, that won't work will it? Where do I get a Vista ISO that will work? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
You need the 32 bit version. And what game are you trying to install? Cause yo u could try the Windows 7 Beta.

OP
R
Reaction score
Well I'm trying to run Entropia Universe. It's not very demanding at the moment, but they are updating the game engine this summer, and it will support DirectX 10. My laptops specifications meet the requirements I'm pretty sure.

Reaction score
I have a DVD of Vista that I got online... It's has that OEM bios hack on it so you don't need to activate it, that won't work will it? Where do I get a Vista ISO that will work? Thanks in advance!

Discussions about hacked software and cracks is against forum rules. You won't get any help here if you're trying to install a hacked version of Windows or any other software.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Is it? I'm sorry... How good is windows 7?
You didn't think that talking about illegal activity was against the rules? How many people read rules/have a moral compass anymore?

Windows 7 as it is now is a release candidate and time limited. Read this, particularly the "watch the calendar" section.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
You didn't think that talking about illegal activity was against the rules? How many people read rules/have a moral compass anymore?

Windows 7 as it is now is a release candidate and time limited. Read this, particularly the "watch the calendar" section.

I don't know, vansmith. I think there should be a rule that a member can't start posting until he's read the forum rules. :)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't know, vansmith. I think there should be a rule that a member can't start posting until he's read the forum rules. :)
...or thought about what they post and the possible implications of doing so before they do ;).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Will boot camp support installing Windows 7?

Yes. Please use the forum search. Lots of folks have installed the RC of Windows 7 and have it working. However, as Van pointed out to you, it's time limited and may not be worth the trouble to install and then have to remove later on.

IMO, a better choice would be a system builders OEM full version of Win XP Home SP2 or 3. That will run your game and be a lot easier to install.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
I know XP would be easier to install, and I would if XP would have DirectX 10 support... And the RC of windows 7 last like a year so I have plenty of time... Well I was at 50% on the Windows 7 download, but the power went out and now I have to start again...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.