can't uninstall/delete Autocomplete

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here!
I just recently got A Macbook Pro for my birthday which i absolutely love!!!
However, I've always used Windows and i still have to get used to OS X.

My problem is that I hate the Autocomplete thingi whenever i use safari. I tried different "solutions" i found on the web but nothing has worked.
History, top lists etc just keeps popping up.
Someone said to try the Autocompletealwayson! application and i did (stupid, should have known) but now i just can't seem do delete it! everytime i try trashing it i get a pop up that it's use. I tried Appzapper and appdelete but nothing works.

Can anyone please please help me. Right now i'm just frustrated and can't enjoy the "feeling" :(

much thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It appears the program applies a patch to Safari by way of running an Applescript. I believe the reason you can't uninstall it is that the program runs automatically when you start your OS X session.

Try this: Open System Preferences, select Accounts. Highlight your user name and click on the tab to the right with the label "Login Items". Look for the Autocompletealwayson program. Select it and then click on the small minus ( - ) box at the bottom of the dialog.

After doing this, reboot your Mac. Now drag the Autocompletealwayson program to the trash or use AppZapper. Should work.

And a reminder to you as a new Mac user - make backups! Use Time Machine. :)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.