Do I have to re-purchase OS 3.0??

Reaction score
I bought OS 3.0 for my 1st Gen iTouch a week or two ago. I just received my newly purchased iTouch 2nd Gen and noticed that it came with OS 2.2.1. Do I have to repurchase OS 3.0? Shouldn't I just be able to upgrade my new iTouch since I just purchased 3.0?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
When you purchased it, you would have downloaded it. So, you will have that copy on your Mac. Plus, if you go to the iTunes page for the 3.0 update, it will state, "You have already purchased this. Click Download to get it again for free".

Reaction score
I bought OS 3.0 for my 1st Gen iTouch a week or two ago. I just received my newly purchased iTouch 2nd Gen and noticed that it came with OS 2.2.1. Do I have to repurchase OS 3.0? Shouldn't I just be able to upgrade my new iTouch since I just purchased 3.0?

Everything is under your iTunes account you downloaded it from. Even if the file got deleted from your pc/mac you will still be able to download it free of charge as long as you use the same account you first purchased it with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.