Slow Startup!

Reaction score
Hi,

i have been using my 13" macbook pro Aluminium(2.26Ghz and 4GB RAM) for the past two to three weeks and it has been working fine and really fast until recently when I installed windows 7 Beta to test the Boot Camp to see how Windows works and look on the mac. But i didn't like it and i have removed Windows completely... well followed the Boot Camp Assistant steps to uninstall Windows 7 completely.

But now my macbook pro takes a long time to load and to start. When you start the macbook,you can see the white background and the Apple logo on it then the screen background change into a pale blue color then flick into a darker blue color. And finally my background appears and am good to go. Everything is running fine after it finishes loading,it works fine and fast.

Just want to know if there is some corrupt files or some files that have been written on the boot because of the Windows or is that normal to be like that ??

any suggestions are the most welcome..

thanks in advance.

This guy has the same problem I have YouTube - Apple Leopard Install 10.5 Startup Boot Blue Screen

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure your MacIntosh HD is selected for startup. When you installed Windows 7, that gave you two selections for startup. After removing Windows 7, you're back to one but the startup preferences may still show two. Open System Preferences, Startup Disk, and make sure your MacIntosh HD is selected.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
MacIntosh HD is selected. There are only two options, Mac HD and Network Startup. But this still hasn't fixed my problem...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.