iPhone wont turn on or connect to computer

krf

Reaction score
Right now, my iPhone will not completely turn on or connect to the computer (i tried connecting it to 3 different computers). All that is on the screen is the white apple. I have tried restarting it (holding down the sleep button & home screen at same time) but that doesn't seem to do anything. All that happens is that the screen goes blank and then comes back to the white apple.

Here's how it happened:
I have an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 2G. I inadvertently did a data wipe on it via microsoft exchange (i thought i was wiping an old iphone, but it killed this one). I successfully restored it and re-ran the jailbreaking/unlocking software. However, unbeknownst to me, when I tried to set up my email acct again, microsoft exchange did another data wipe. So now, I can no longer connect it to anything and cannot get it to the home screen. All that is there is that **** white apple. Is there any hope left for this iPhone or am I doomed?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
I would say the culprit is the Jailbreak. Does your computer even recognize it? any chance of reloading official OS software back onto the phone?

If the answer is no, I think you might be SOL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.