Installing printer

Reaction score
I have a new printer. HP Laserjet P1006

It isn;t on the list of drivers that are available when yu try and install a printer.

I've loaded up the driver CD and successfully installed. I can see it in the library.

But I've tried to link to all of the files contained in the download but do it successfully. I click on them (PLugins) and they are not drivers and so nothing hapens.

Any ideas

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have you followed the directions?

Installation Instructions
USB installation instructions
1. Click the "Download" button to begin the download of the Mac OSX Full Solution installer. Once the download is complete the installer dialog will appear on screen.
2. Printer and computer should be connected with USB cable
3. Follow the instruction provided in the installer
4. Open Print & Fax (under System Preferences), or Print Center / Printer Setup Utility under Applications/Utilities (depending on your version of Mac OS X) and see if the printer name appears in the Printer List.
5. If the printer name displays in the Printer List, the setup is complete. If the printer name does not display in the Printer List, go to the next step.
6. Depending on your version of Mac OS X, do one of the following:
Click the Add or + button, and then select USB from the drop-down list.
View the list of available printers in the Browser list.
7. Select the USB-connected LaserJet P1000 or P1500 series printer that is shown and then click Add. The printer name displays in the Printer List, and the setup is complete.

Network installation instructions - P1505n series
Note: Bonjour and IP are supported (AppleTalk protocol is NOT supported)
1. Connect the local area network (LAN) cable to the printer.
2. Click the "Download" button to begin the download of the Mac OSX Full Solution Installer. Once the download is complete the installer dialog will appear on screen.
3. Bonjour - At the printer control panel, print the Configuration Page. Find the Bonjour Service name. You will need the Bonjour Service name in step 7.
4. Follow the instruction provided in the installer
5. After the installation utility has completed, open Print and Fax under System Preferences, or Print Center / Printer Setup Utility under Applications/Utilities (depending on your version of Mac OS X).
6. Depending on your version of Mac OS X, do one of the following.
Click the Add or + button, and then select Bonjour or Rendezvous from the drop-down list.
View the list of available printers in the Browser list.
7. Select the LaserJet P1505n printer name that matches the Bonjour Service name from step 3.
8. Click Add. The printer name displays in the Printer List, and the setup is complete.
9. IP printing – depending on Mac OS X version, from the printer browser, select 'Advanced' and click on HP IP Printing, Auto should find the printer if within one subnet. For larger networks select Manual and enter the printers IP address as found on Configuration Page.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi

I think that maybe I've asked the wrong question. The printer is installed I think as I can see it via the work group.

But I can;t find a driver for it in the driver list.

I've done the full solution installer thing, but I'm still not seeing the driver anywhere to use. It isn;t in the list of drivers and I dont know where to point to in the file structore following the full solution downstall and installation.

During the installation I keep getting a pop up asking about network and usb printers, but non are listed in the drop downs.

cheers

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.