White circle crossed on certain apps in apps folder

Reaction score
Eustis Florida (50 miles north of Orlando)
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.26Ghz/4GB/750GB WD HDD
I downloaded VLC and handbrake. After installing them, I find them in my applications stacks all whited out with a circle crossed out. What does this mean? How can I fix this? I clicked on the applications that have this and they seem to open just fine (that I know of) Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help, it will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, Day 3 using OSX. I love it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15"
I think this is more likely related to your install of OSX (I'm assuming you installed this recently, "day 3" and all). If you were running something earlier than this, it is likely that there are some applications that will not run under the OSX environment. However, if you are still able to open them and have them work, I don't know what is going on. When you actually visit the Finder locations of your stacks, does this occur (i.e. your Applications, Documents, or Downloads folders)? If not, then try dragging your stacks off the dock and re-adding them by dragging the original folder back onto the dock.

-Nik

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR3L RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
If you log out and back in they will be fine.
That or restart the computer, maybe even relaunch Finder (not sure if that one works)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.