Couple of questions about Powerbook G4 1.5 Aluminum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB
I happened to get a VERY VERY EXCELLENT CONDITION Powerbook G4 from a family friend for $20 because he's moving and has an imac. So I wasn't going to pass that up.

Now my question is, what is a good camera to get for ichat? I was thinking about the ICECAM 2 but i'm not sure.

Also I was wondering if I should try and sell or even trade this Powerbook G4 for a a Macbook 1.83 etc. So can someone offer me a little advice and tell me if that's a good idea or should I just go ahead and keep the Powerbook G4.

Actually I like the Powerbook G4 with the illuminated keyboard. Nevertheless, the Powerbook G4 has 2GB of ram (maxed Out) 80 Gb Hard Drive, a combo drive, a G4 Processor 1.5 Ghz, Microsoft Office 09.iWork 09, and iLife 09

So let me know if you would trade/sell the Powerbook G4 for a Macbook or if you would keep it. And also let me know whats a good webcam to use with ichat.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
For me the Mac Firewire iSight camera is stunning with Tiger and Leopard but Skype has made great strides and there are many USB cameras which do an excellent job. My suggestion is upgrade if u can but not because of the camera but becos you can go from the PPC to Intel chip

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB
For me the Mac Firewire iSight camera is stunning with Tiger and Leopard but Skype has made great strides and there are many USB cameras which do an excellent job. My suggestion is upgrade if u can but not because of the camera but becos you can go from the PPC to Intel chip

Yeah, I was leaning towards the intel chip. But before I had a house fire, I actually had a Macbook 1.83. It was very good for the most part. However, one thing I didn't like is the discoloration of the palm rest after time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.