New Ipod touches

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - Core i7 @ 2.66ghz
The buyer's guide over at macrumors.com says not to buy the ipod touch because the average time of an update is now. Does anyone think they'll be updated anytime soon?

Ipod touch buyer's guide

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The iPod touch generally gets updated following an iPhone update. Since the iPhone was just updated, there's a high likelihood that the iPod touch will be updated as well. However, not sure what sort of updates the iPod touch would see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB
If it happens soon, it will probably be after September 8, which is when the deal ends for students to get a free iPod with a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GBs of Ram, X3100 Graphics
Usually iPods get updated in September, I would just wait and see what happens to the touch, I'd imagine it will get some sort of upgrade.

Reaction score
I hope they come in September. I also hope they have a camera :) maybe, maybe not. LETS HOPE!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Def hold off. I've been looking into the same thing and there are some pretty strong rumors that the new touches will have a camera, and possibly a mic. Both would be nice, and maybe even a bump in memory.

Reaction score
I just bought my 2G iPod Touch in June...

I'm loving it though...

However if the new iPod Touches have camera and a built in mic, I'll be peeved at myself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
However if the new iPod Touches have camera and a built in mic, I'll be peeved at myself!
Why? Your new iPod Touch 2G wil still be as good as when you bought it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - Core i7 @ 2.66ghz
Why? Your new iPod Touch 2G wil still be as good as when you bought it.

Prolly because what he paid for the 2G ipod touch will be the same price for a new 3rd-Gen version. I'd be pretty upset too(with myself, that is) if i had neglected to do alil research to find out that a new version was coming out in two months.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.