30% NHS discount here in Uk

Reaction score
not sure where in the forum this should go.....!

there is a 30% discount scheme running for the staff of the NHS .police etc. codes come from each HR dept.

30% over 24 months is a huge saving !!

Anyone else done it ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
We have a similar deal in my company - I think it has something to do with the corporate relationship between o2 and your employer - so in our case all of our company mobiles and data cards, blackberries etc are from o2.

I agree the discount is considerable.

Assuming we're talking about the same thing, the deal also allows £20 discount on any PAYG phone from o2 above £80 AND the best bit from my point of view is that you can use it with your friends and family up to 6 times a year as well. So in my case I just have to go to an o2 store with them, show them my Affinity card (The o2 Card that the HR people give out showing the code) and my work ID badge, then my friend or family member does whatever they need to do to buy the phone and the discount is applied to them as well.

A 30% discount over the life of your contract is a heck of a saving!

OP
D
Reaction score
Ive sourced the correct code from a friend that has 4 left. Just waiting for O2 to call and say they have some in stock !!

Reaction score
Hi,

I work in the NHS. Just contacted my HR department who don't know anything about this. Is it a national scheme?

Thanks.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi,

I work in the NHS. Just contacted my HR department who don't know anything about this. Is it a national scheme?

Thanks.

Yes: And they should know !! But its only on 3g phones . The 3gs is not discounted YET ( wait until november and i expect it to be added)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.53GHz, 4GB, Snow Leopard + iPhone 3G
Do you think that you can get a discount on other Apple products?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
That's it, I am now going to pursue a career as a police doctor!!

Reaction score
I've been to an O2 store this morning asking about discount for NHS staff, and neither the NHS, or separate trusts were listed on the O2 Open discount list - is this discount through some other scheme?

OP
D
Reaction score
Matt

trust me it is !! but most stores and staff either lie or do not know it exists. i had to make a serious complaint to O2 to get them to admit it.

From what i have found, whilst O2 have some great deals going on....they are not that honest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Ok, there is a chance we're on about different things here BUT...

If you think your company has a large business relationship with O2 (i.e. all of the company mobiles are from them for example or maybe all of the 3G dongles are from them) then ask your HR team or the person responsible for mobiles in your company if they have an Affinity card for O2.

I'll try to dig mine out and see if I can scan it and post a picture - it's actually just a piece of cardboard with some kind of corporate account number on it I think but because the mobile industry is pretty competetive I think this is a way offering a little more to the companies that have a big commitment with O2. Perhaps the other mobile companies do this as well?

With my card; it has nothing to do with the phone you want - it is an O2 scheme not an Apple scheme and can be used against any product from O2. Also the 30% off is line rental only, the purchase price is still the same unless you are getting PAYG phone in which case it's £20 off any phone that costs more than £80 I believe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.