slow internet connection

Reaction score
Hey everyone i just joined this forum in hope to finally finding some legit answers. I have had this 13" black macbook since last May (2008). I am not good with computers when it comes to internet connection so i am wondering why my macbook is terribly slow. I know i have a decent connection, i just want to know how to make more space by deleting things or anything along those lines. It would also be great to know of some names and prices of software that can give me more RAM. Thanks!

Here is my MacBook information.

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.31f0

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You'll need to provide way more info than just my macbook is terribly slow.
Like what type of internet connection you have and the speed of that connection. You can test that out at speedtest.net.
All sites or just some sites?
What browser you are using?
Are you using ethernet or wireless?
If wireless what encryption are you using?
If using WEP, change it to WPA-2.

Download Onyx or MainMenu and use them for cleaning out all the old cache, etc. on your machine.

Software cannot give you more RAM. RAM is hardware.
To upgrade your machine you will need to replace the RAM you have with 2 2GB sticks. You need DDR2 200 pin SODIMM memory like any of these.

Open up the manual that came with your Mac and it has directions for changing out the memory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.