Car Integration (Peripheral PXAMG)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 2.8GHz, 13-inch MacBook 2.4GHz, iPhone 4
I recently bought a iSimple product from Best Buy. This product Model # PXAMG for a 2005 F150. I installed the product, which integrates an iPod hook-up for factory stereos. My problem is the music flows system and plays but I do not have any control over the ipod through my stock stereo as the product mentioned I would. I have done a little research with no avail. The owners manual states to 'update the ipod's firmware and they reset the ipod.' My iPod nano is current will all updates. I am puzzled, I currently have the PXAMG un-installed and waiting to see if I need to have professional installed. Any help would be awesome, thanks. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Did you meet the following conditions:

Radio must be satellite capable or satellite ready
Requires vehicle specific harness (sold separately)

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 2.8GHz, 13-inch MacBook 2.4GHz, iPhone 4
Yeah, my radio has the "AUX" button and has the correct harness. My stereo connects with the iPod, and plays the songs. The problem is I cannot 'seek' to other songs or choose playlist. Basically, I have no control over the iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Yeah, my radio has the "AUX" button and has the correct harness. My stereo connects with the iPod, and plays the songs. The problem is I cannot 'seek' to other songs or choose playlist. Basically, I have no control over the iPod.

I can only suggest reviewing this list of "DOs" to see if you overlooked something. My understanding from some brief reading is that this is supposed to work through a Satellite Radio or HD Radio hookup. Your AUX hookup might be the issue.

http://peripheralelectronics.com/periph_products/MediaGatewayPXAMG-DOsofInstall.pdf

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.