Macbook windows install problem

Reaction score
Hi.
First of, let me just explain that I am a total noob when it comes to mac. Got a mac from my m8 and was tryin to fix it because he said it wouldnt boot.

Too make a long story short, I am now sitting with Ubuntu loaded from dvd, with no OS on the hd, and no OS X dvd. The hd got the 200mb ntfs boot partition, and 74gb unallocated.

Is there any way to get OS X installed trough network from a PC?
Or can I install Windows directly. Have tried setting up different kind of partitions, but none of them are accepted by windows in setup.

Any help is appreciated.

Tnx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
In my experience it seems like you need to have Mac OS X running to get BootCamp started and in turn start the Windows Installation. Maybe you can find a Mac OS X CD somewhere else to install from... you have the computer and so you should be allowed to install it ...

If I am wrong, someone please correct me because I am not 100% sure... :)

OP
T
Reaction score
After alot of phone calls and so on, i managed to get my hands on a Mac OS X 10.4.6 (812025).
Booted up and got an error saying: Warning, Software can not be installed on this machine. (its in norwegian, so roughly translated)
I figured then it was a partition issue of sort as i have formated the whole disk, so i booted the disk tool, and made 1 Mac OS Extended partition. Rebootet and still get the same error message. Is this because the OS X wount install on this MacBook or could there be another problem?
I'm sittin on a MacBook2,1 2ghz with 1gb mem.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It depends on the disc. If you are using a System Disc from another Mac model, it won't work. You'll need the discs that came with that machine.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
NOTE: Merged cross-posted threads.

OP
T
Reaction score
Os X install on a blank MacBook 2.1

After alot of phone calls and so on, i managed to get my hands on a Mac OS X 10.4.6 (812025).
Booted up and got an error saying: Warning, Software can not be installed on this machine. (its in norwegian, so roughly translated)
I figured then it was a partition issue of sort as the mac have been formated with no partitions of any kind, so i booted the disk tool, and made 1 Mac OS Extended partition. Rebootet and still get the same error message. Is this because the OS X wount install on this MacBook or could there be another problem?
I'm sittin on a MacBook2,1 2ghz with 1gb mem.

OP
T
Reaction score
It depends on the disc. If you are using a System Disc from another Mac model, it won't work. You'll need the discs that came with that machine.

Here comes the problem, I dont have the disc that came with this MacBook.
Is there any way to get any OS installed on it exept Linux?
Id rather not send it in as it cost's alot of money and takes way too long time :(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sure. You can either purchase a replacement set of discs from Apple, purchase a retail copy of OS X Leopard, or go on eBay and try to find System Discs for a MacBook 2,1 model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.